Benefits of a hot yoga class
- improved posture
- increased flexibility
- increased muscle strength and tone
- improved respiration, energy and vitality
- improve balance and coordination
- improved athletic performance
- protection and recovery from injury (rehabilitation)
- improved concentration
- improved relaxation and calmness
What to bring?
- If you have are new to HOT YOGA please place your mat at the BACK of the room so you can follow those in front of you
- Your yoga mat and towel
- Bottle of water (NOT GLASS)
- Wear comfortable sweat proof and stretchy clothing (bra tops, shorts, leggings, swimsuit anything goes)
- Hydrate BEFORE the class, that means drinks at least a litre of water 30mins before a class
- Once you enter the yoga studio please remain silent until you leave
- Leave all other belonging in the communal areas including keys, sunglasses etc..
- NO PHONES! Switch off phones if you leave them in the communal area
Hot Yoga (aka Bikram Yoga) classes are a sequence of 26 postures performed in front of a mirror in a heated and humid room of 38 degrees. These poses stretch, flex, compress and wring out every muscle, tendon, ligament and organ in your body. You can work as hard or as easy as your mind and body wants. You’ll be left feeling like you’ve just had an amazing full body massage.
NEW TO HOT YOGA? Don’t worry just hang at the back of the class, watch and follow what everyone else does and listen carefully to the instructors cues. HOT YOGA really is for everyone no matter your flexibility, strength or balance.
You’ll quickly become addicted and want to try out our 90 minute classes which hold poses for longer and you’ll also repeat each pose twice.