Benefits of regular meditation
- Increased focus
- A quieter more peaceful mind
- Ease psychological symptoms of depression
- Reduce anxiety and pain related to anxiety
- Mental resilience
- Happier life and contentedness
- Improved concentration
- Improved relaxation and calmness
What to bring?
- Your yoga mat… you can also bring a blanket and pillow if you wish to be more comfortable. Each class is different you may be seated for a while and/or lying down for the duration of the class
- Bottle of water (NOT GLASS)
- Wear comfortable stretchy clothing
- Once you enter the yoga studio please remain silent until you leave
- Leave all other belonging in the communal areas including keys, sunglasses etc..
- NO PHONES! Switch off phones if you leave them in the communal area
Our meditation classes are set in a non heated and quiet room where you’ll be led through a guided meditation by one of our teachers. Like any muscle in your body your mind needs to be trained and rested. In our busy lives we’re constantly on the go, a regular meditation practice helps us become more aware of our thoughts and feelings. Classes will vary depending on your teacher so expect to learn something new and enlightening every session.
Most classes you’ll be laying down on your back but some classes may be seated crossed legged. It takes time for some people to be comfortable in their own minds…watching thoughts come and go. We don’t often just sit in peace without any distractions and watch our thoughts. We’re always too busy ticking off our to do list, going from one place to the next, being distracted with phone calls, text messages, social media, television and so on. So some people will find this practice difficult.
HEAT RATING: this class IS NOT heated